KSORS, the Coordinating Council of Russian Compatriots of the USA, was established at the Fifth Forum of Russian Compatriots in New York City on August 29, 2014 and it is the official coordinating organization for Russian compatriots in the U.S.
The mission of KSORS is to promote a cohesive community among Russians and Russian-speaking people who live in the United States.
Goals and Objectives
The main objectives of KSORS are to serve as a coordinating resource for Russian compatriot organizations in the United States, to highlight and promote Russia’s multicultural traditions, to preserve the Russian language in the U.S., and to strengthen ties between the Russian Federation and Russian-speaking communities in America.
- Coordinating projects with Russian cultural, science, business, and educational centers.
- Conducting forums by and for Russian compatriots.
- Facilitating communication between regional Russian compatriot organizations and American and Russian federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Keeping compatriots informed of Russian political developments and explaining the policies and actions of the Russian government.
- Cultivating a positive image of Russia in the United States.
- Russian language, culture, education
- Business, science, and innovation
- Youth programs
- Society and religion
- Russian historical and cultural heritage
- Legal support to Russian compatriots in the U.S.